Lars and the Real Girl

 Lars and the Real Girl

This is definitely not your typical Hollywood film yet I wish they make more of this type of interesting film that is simply sweet, quirky, and heartfelt. This quirky, weird film has evoked my emotions and touched me in a way I didn't expect. At first, I thought the idea of a man bough a silicone woman is simply just desperate and rather pathetic, but as I closely watch the story evolves, I see more than just what's on the surface/face value. There's a change of attitude in me by the end of the film, that I didn't think of Lars as being too weird or pathetic, I actually understand completely how he feels.


I was so touched by how his community and his brother and sister in law, but such massive touching efforts to play along with Lars' idea that a plastic doll is in fact his fiancee. Such a difficult thing to accept yet everyone in the community did it out of pure love to help Lars go through this delusional phase of his life.

I feel genuine compassion and love throughout the movie, it's so warm and heartfelt, and it gives a unique insight into the mind of a troubled mentally delusional lonely man.

I love the ending of how Lars decided in his own mental state to let go of Bianca, that the plastic doll finally passed away. I see her death not as an ending, but as a beginning to Lars welcomed back to real life and community and possibly to real love, with Margo, the real-life choir girl, whom all this time always there for Lars but Lars incapable of seeing her in the past.

Ryan Gosling's acting is superb. This film is definitely original, different, and worth seeing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drillbit Taylor

Everyone Must Watch Movies: “Up”

Everyone Must Watch Movies: “The Third Man”